- It is important around this time of year to control perennial weeds around the borders. A hoe is ideal to use for this job.
- Algae should be removed from walls, patios and paved areas.
- Summer bedding can be planted out in June. Remember to keep them well watered!
- July is one of the hottest months of the year so new plants must be kept well-watered and dead-headed to keep them looking good.
- You can begin to plan ahead by collecting seeds of plants that you’ll want to grow next year.
- Perennial weeds are easy to tackle in the summer. The weeds can be dug out using a trowel or other useful tool.
- Watering is absolutely essential in august as it is usually one of the hottest months of the year. Wherever possible make sure to use grey water!
- Bare patches may have appeared in alpine beds. If this is the case, they can be filled in using a gritty compost.
- Continue to collect and store seeds for next year and also some spring-flowering bulbs can be planted.