Welcome to CompSoc!
CompSoc is the leading technology enthusiast society at the University of Leicester. If you study an Informatics course, or you're just interested in programming/technology/anything silicon, then you've found your people.
Relaunching for 2017, the new CompSoc includes:
- Socials, ranging from a night in the local pub to the annual Multi-Science Bar Crawl (pictured above, we always have the best shirts)
- Academic lectures and workshops where we’ll be adding to Informatics course content, as well as exploring the newest and latest technologies and messing around with them
- Guest speakers, including talks on careers in technology and security in modern computing
- Sports, kicking off with our society’s own football team! We train frequently, and it’s a great way to let off some steam and make new friends
- Our annual trip to Bletchley Park, the iconic home of British codebreaking during World War II, and where the likes of Alan Turing worked to decrypt Enigma code
If any or all of this sounds like your thing, great – you’ve found your people!
Drop us a line on any of our social media, or come and say hi to us at Freshers Fair! We’ll tell you all about our first events, and how you can get involved with everything else too.
||Twitter has these too?
President: Aaron Cawte (I’m the guy on the left with the silly wristbands)