In the last two weeks I have been working on:
• Chaired the Leicester Citizens Delegates Assembly for local community leaders and was appointed to the senior leadership’s group.
• Completed the review into the Sustainability Structures, this included successfully agreeing with the University the terms of reference? for a new SU led = Student Sustainability Partnership Group (SSPG) that will ensure students have a seat at the table to raise their concerns and identify areas of improvement with the university.
• Worked to rebrand and redevelop our student decision making body for Activities; Societies Council, including shortlisting and interviewing students.
• In conjunction with Activities Team allocated initial grant funding, whilst conducting a review into the grant allocation process.
• Worked with Attenborough Arts Centre Director and wider team to secure additional space for student groups to utilise and to identify future areas of collaboration.
• Coordinated the organisation and running the Sustainability Give a Go event.
• Supported the Societies Fair and the Give a Go programme.
• Worked with Plan-it Change to successfully lobby the University to put disposable masks drop off points in Oadby Halls of residence.
• Set up a new presidents group to enable them to communicate directly to the Activities Team.
• Set up a wellbeing & inclusion forum with the Wellbeing Officer and Liberation Officer to ensure ambassadors are connected and supported.
• Met with Sexpression, Burlesque, Plan-it Change and Enactus to see how we can help and support them with their activities.
In the next two weeks, I will be focusing on:
• Preparing and delivering Society Council Training and developing the terms of reference for the group.
• Developing a proposal for a sustainability hub for the website to ensure students are informed and have access to resources to act on sustainable initiatives.
• Working with MSL to finalise proposals for the development of a new Volunteering Hub.
• Collaborative meeting with the Director of Student Engagement at the University to continue to work on accreditation for student opportunities and volunteering strategies.
• Continuing to work with last year’s Accessibility Officer on ensuring that progress is maintained on the development of a Sensory Garden.
• Putting together the final plans to launch a listening campaign as part of the Citizens UK project
• Continuing to support and provide advice to student groups.