Reporting Incidents

We take harassment, discrimination and bullying very seriously and are here to provide sensitive and confidential support and advice to you if you do experience, witness or have been informed of any forms of this.

Reporting and getting support for an incident:

Do you require urgent assistance?

  1. If you have been physically assaulted, attacked or need urgent assistance please contact the emergency services on 999.
  2. If you are on campus or halls of residences: call security on +44 (0)116 252 2888 (emergency) or +44 (0)116 252 2023 (non-emergency)
  3. To report a crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response please call 101.

Reporting routes within the University

University Report & Support platform

You can report and get support for yourself or on behalf of someone else, here at our University.
Please be reassured that all services will treat your report sensitively and confidentially, your academic department will not necessarily find out unless you've requested they do so or there is a safeguarding issue.

Additional recommended support services

The following services can provide you further support whether you have had a personal experience, witnessed an incident or want to provide details of support services to another person.

The contact details for these services are detailed on the A – Z of Support Services page.

Some of the main campus services and clinics to get support and signposting advice are:

  • Advice Service – Will provide you with advice on which services and processes can support you and will provide guidance through these.
  • Counselling & Wellbeing (Mental Health Services) - If you have been affected by an incident Counselling & Wellbeing can offer sessions with trained counsellors as well as free advice and information to students about mental health.
  • Student Welfare Service - Provide advice on Bullying and Harassment as well as financial issues, leaving care, childcare and benefits.
  • Independent Sexual Violence Advisor Clinic - Provides coordinated sexual and domestic violence advice to anyone who has experienced this at any time (i.e. recently or historically).
  • Nightline Service - Nightline is a student-run, anonymous telephone service for students, which provides listening, support and information services.

If you’d like some support accessing these services, please get in touch with the Advice Service.

Visit the community & online support services directory to identify additional and complimentary help and support available to you.

Zero Tolerance

The Students Union holds a zero tolerance approach towards any incidents of harassment which includes but is not limited to:

·         Antisemitism ·         Physical harassment and assault
·         Bullying ·         Racism
·         Disability discrimination ·         Religious discrimination
·         Domestic violence and coercion ·         Sexual harassment and assault
·         Homophobia ·         Transphobia
·         Islamophobia