There are 8 Part Time officer roles and the Education Officer roles that are open for election, a summary of each of the roles are outlined below.
- Promote the academic interest of students in University policy meetings
- Work to develop the Academic Representation system
- Be the main point of contact for Course Representatives
Part Time Officer
As a Part Time Officer you will seek to ensure that the group you represent receives the support and services they require. In addition you will, through research, communication and campaigning, improve the overall experience students have whilst at the University of Leicester. You will work as a team to help the Union ensure it is an empowering, innovative and inclusive student-led Union; championing students’ interests and providing a community that is home away from home.
There are nine positions in total five Liberation Officer roles and four other Part Time Officer roles. The Part Time Officers are seen as crucial to the future development of the Union and are designed to allow you to continue with your studies whilst carrying out your role. We would expect that the role would take approximately five hours a week of your time. The roles available are:-
- International Students Officer
- Mature and Part Time Students’ Officer
- Women’s Officer
- BAME Officer
- LGBT+ Officer
- Disabled Students’ Officer
- Distance Learning Officer
- Trans Officer
*In addition The Postgraduate Officer election will take place at the beginning of the 2019-20 academic year