The Students’ Union itself is a registered charity, and as such, all affiliated Student Groups are part of the registered charity.
This means that all money that is fundraised for charity must be banked through the SU in order to comply
with UK Charity Law. This applies to all Student Groups all year round, including out-of-term time:
We are a cashless union, so we will only accept a deposit to the SU account. To send the money you will need to fill in
our Charity Donation Form here, after the event. You can also hire our card reader (sum-up machine).
This can be booked through the Event Notification Form.
If you are raising money via an established online platform (e.g. JustGiving) then you must let us know by
emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your fundraiser is finished, you must let us know the total that has been
donated online,so that we can update our records. As well as ensuring that we abide by UK Charity Law,
this process also makes sure that your Student Group gets recognition for all of your fundraising.
Full information can be found in our Committee Training handbook, 'Student Group Financial Management'.
If you've got any questions about fundraising for an external charity, please email us at email@example.com.
We'd love to hear from you!
1. Event and fundraising notification form - a form to register your fundraiser with the SU!
2. Charity donation form - you need to fill this out if donating money to charity.
3. How to fundraise handbook - a guide on how to throw different types of events.
4. Food or external speaker request forms - forms to register any extras for your event.
5. How to contact organisations for your fundraising - a guide on how to contact different organisations for your fundraiser.