PURPLE SPROUTING BROCCOLI IN SAUCE
A quick and easy recipe to follow.
- Purple Sprouting Broccoli (6 stems)
- Brie (100g)
- Double Cream (150ml)
- Egg Yolk (1)
- Mustard Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Salt and Pepper
- Boil the purple sprouting broccoli in a pan for three minutes.
- Once cooked remove the broccoli from the water and place into iced water. This will prevent them from cooking further.
- To make the cheese sauce place the brie, cream, mustard powder into a pan. Stir together until melted. The egg should then be added and the sauce should be seasoned with salt and pepper
- Pour the cheese sauce over the broccoli to serve.
SPRING ONION & SPICY TOMATO PASTA
An Italian early Spring dinner.
- Spring Onion (3, chopped)
- Tomato (3, chopped)
- Olive Oil (1 tbsp)
- Pasta (150g)
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the spring onions for up to three minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for another further two minutes. To finish the sauce add some boiling water and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta to boiling water and cook for twelve to fifteen minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water. Add the sauce to the pasta and mix.
RHUBARB & BLOOD ORANGE CRUMBLE
Great recipe for a delicious dessert.
- Rhubarb (450g)
- Blood Oranges (2 peeled and cut into slices)
- Blood Orange Juice (4 oranges)
- Caster Sugar (125g)
- Star Anise (2)
- Vanilla Pod (1)
- Cinnamon Stick (1)
- Unsalted Butter (50g)
- Plain Flour (100g)
- Demerara Sugar (50g)
- Ground Cinnamon
- Cut the rhubarb into pieces, around 4cm long. Lay them in an ovenproof dish and cover with the orange slices.
- In a pan heat the orange juice. Add the sugar, anise, cinnamon and vanilla seeds. Heat the mixture until it resembles a syrup consistency. Strain the mixture and then pour over the rhubarb and orange.
- Place the butter, flour, Demerara sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Rub the ingredients together until it resembles breadcrumbs. Spoon the crumble mixture on top of the fruit.
- Bake for thirty minutes at 200°C.