Looking for the Executive Officer elections? Click Here!
Could you lead your Student Group?
All of our student groups are run by a dedicated team of volunteers that form the Committee. The work of Committee members is crucial to the running of the group and the creation of a positive student experience for members. Being on Committee is also a fantastic way to gain great skills and experiences to make you stand out in your time at Leicester and beyond!
If there is anything you want to ask about elections please email email@example.com.
What do you need to do to nominate yourself?
Well, that's simple....
- Be passionate about your student group!
- Hold full student membership of your group
- Be a student of the University of Leicester in the 2021/2020 academic year
- Log into the SU website and use the nomination form below to submit your nomination, manifesto and photo!
Don't forget... yes, you can vote for yourself!
For more information on how you can nominate yourself, visit our Student Group Election Handbook.
Student Group Elections 2021/2022 Timeline:
All affiliated Student Groups fall under the democratic umbrella of the Students’ Union, therefore your elections must be carried out in line with our guidance. This year, Student Group Committee Elections will run across the following dates:
- Monday 22/02/2021 (Midday) – Nominations Open
- Friday 12/03/2021 (Midday) – Nominations Close
- Monday 15/03/2021 (Midday) – Voting Opens
- Monday 22/03/2021 (Midday) – Voting Closes
- Tuesday 23/03/2021 - Results counted and sent to Election Coordinators
- Friday 26/03/2021 – The Activities & Volunteering Team contacts every new Committee Member
Please note: This election period will be followed by a by-election in May to ensure that the four core positions of President/Club Captain, Treasurer, Secretary and Wellbeing and Inclusion Ambassador are filled. As per the Students’ Union governing documents, any group without these core committee positions filled will not be affiliated for the 2021/22 academic year.
Having trouble nominating? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshot of the error so we can help!