Have you got what it takes to lead your student group?
All 250+ of our student groups are lead by a dedicated team of student volunteers that form the Committee. The work of Committee members is crucial to the running of the group and creation of a positive student experience for members. By being on Committee you will also gain great skills and experiences to make you stand out in your time at Leicester and beyond!
Student Group By-Elections 2020/2021 (May) Timeline:
- Monday 27/04/2020 (12:00pm, Midday) - By Election Information deadline
- Monday 04/05/2020 (12:00pm, Midday) – Nominations Open
- Friday 15/05/2020 (12:00pm, Midday) – Nominations Close
- Monday 18/05/2020 (12:00pm, Midday) – Voting Opens
- Friday 22/05/2020 (12:00pm, Midday) – Voting Closes
- Tuesday 26/05/2020 – Votes Counted and sent to Election Coordinators
- Friday 29/05/2020 – Activities & Volunteering sends welcome email to successful candidates
Please Note: All core committee positions (President, Treasurer, Secretary and Wellbeing and Inclusion Ambassador) must be filled by the end of this by-election period. As per the Students’ Union governing documents, any group without these core committee positions filled will not be affiliated for the 2020/21 academic year.
If you are experiencing difficulties nominating yourself please email email@example.com with the position you want to run for and your manifesto (if you have one) by Friday 15 May 2020 (Midday). Any candidacies recieved after this time cannot be added in time for voting.
What do you need to do to nominate yourself?
Well, that's simple....
- Be passionate about your student group!
- Hold full student membership of your group
- Be a student of the University of Leicester in the 2019/2020 academic year
- Log into the SU website and use the nomination form below to submit your nomination, manifesto and photo!
Don't forget... yes, you can vote for yourself!
No elections are currently running
Having trouble nominating? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshot of the error so we can help!