Find out what your Wellbeing Officer has been doing to support you over the previous and upcoming two weeks.
Updates (October 19 - November 2)
In the last two weeks I have been working on:
• Random Acts of Kindness – distrusted in Halls of Residence and on campus.
• Introduction of ‘Lifewell’ App to enable students to meet likeminded students
• Published Sexual Violence Guide as part of the Here to Hear - Support for All campaign.
• World Mental Health Day, ran competitions and give-aways • Ensuring that Quarantine Packs are a distributed to students who are required to self isolate.
• Organised workshops on Psychological Impact of Racial Trauma and A Guide to support for Black Students as part of Black History Month
In the next two weeks I will be focusing on:
• Working with our Women’s Officer Dan Orr to lobby the University for free sanitary products across campus.
• In conjunction with Sexpression and Advice to re-introduce the C-Card scheme onto campus
• Lobbying for the introduction of Drug Testing Kit in Oadby Halls of Residence.
• Planning and organisation is under way for fighting Loneliness Week coming up between 2nd and 8th November.
• Working with DSU with regards to the re-naming of De-Montfort Hall as the person who it was named after had expressed anti-sematic thoughts and actions.
• University wide Mental Wellbeing Wednesday afternoons – working with clubs and societies.
• Seeking to establish a memorial on campus for Holocaust Memorial Day.
July 2020 Updates
I’ve now been in office for one months already and I’ve been super busy with lot of training while also planning my campaigns for the year ahead and starting on some of them already!
- Training on Anti-Semitism, Microaggressions, Grass Root Activism and many more.
- Posters to kick off Random Acts of Kindness.
- Been to Sulets meetings where a landlord rater was approved to be coming soon.
- Been working with Advice and Standing Together on leaflets for educating on students wellbeing.
- Supported students through complaints where their final grading was interrupted by procedural issues.
- Planning key campaigns and mapping out the year ahead.
- Building relationships with the Accommodation Service, the Support Service and Accessibility.
- Attended trustee boards for the SU and Leicester Services Partnership.
Find out about Karli's manifesto wins below, simply click in to the win to reveal the information.
Quarantine Survival Packs from the University
You can now get quarantine packs to help you for the first three days of isolation to give you time to sort out a food delivery.
The complete pack includes the following items:
- A bedding pack (Containing duvet and cover, bottom sheet, pillowcase and cover)
- A self-catering pack (basic pans, cutlery and crockery)
- A cleaning pack
- A food parcel which includes:
- 3 breakfast meals
- 3 Lunches
- 3 dinners
I'm working with the University to remove all cost on this pack, in light of the Government's announcement yesterday on support for students in quarantine.
If you have any concerns or you need further support please contact Student Support Services via firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch with Karli:
You can find out more about my role and the other Officer roles here