As a member of your Students' Union, there are a number of ways that you can voice your opinions, express your concerns and generally help shape the future of student life at the University of Leicester.
These include getting involved in Executive Elections - either by running as a candidate, or by voting for one. You can also have a real say in the teaching and learning experience that you receive as a student at Leicester by becoming a Course Representative.
We like to call these 'Union Wins', here's some of examples of of how we have helped turn your ideas and suggestions into reality:
- Cutting the cost of bus travel between Oadby and campus by almost 50%
- £15 worth of printing credit for every undergraduate and post graduate-taught student
- Timetabling challenges addressed and resolved
- Expanded the Peer Mentoring programme, ensuring students are given the best possible support
- Funding secured for black history month celebration and Liberated campaign work
- Secured more seating in the Union building and opened two new study rooms
- Expanding Union advice support to offer more guidance for student accommodation issues
- Lobbied for the wider introduction of Panopto
- Expanding Union activities to offer more support for student volunteering and fundraising
- Launched club showcase to heighten the profile of Team Leicester students
- Expanded the Drinkaware Crew on campus