Whether you’re an advanced player wanting to compete at university level, someone who plays for leisure or someone who has never even held a racquet, you’ll be warmly welcomed at The University of Leicester Tennis Club.
Our LTA-certified coaches will help you get fit and improve your skills, working on your technique and building your overall performance level.
For those who want to, there are exciting ways to get involved competitively. We have three BUCS teams competing at univerisity level, as well as summer and winter league teams competing against local clubs. We also organise regular internal tournaments to practice your matchplay skills as well as to have fun.
The club has a great atmosphere both on and off court. As well as training sessions, we have weekly socials, and trips to professional tournaments such as Wimbledon.
Club Captain: Fran Booth
Vice Club Captain: Lucy Kershaw and Olivia Ray
University Tennis Co-ordinators: TBC
Women's Captain: TBC
Men's 1st Team Captain: TBC
Men's 2nd Team Captain: TBC
Treasurer: Matthew Clarke
Social Secs: Coran Fielding and Kyle Hibbert
Welfare Officer: Rebecca Dawson
Registration fee: £40
- 20:00 - 22:00, Team Training (Captain invitation only), Carisbrooke Tennis Centre (Indoors).
- 18:00 - 20:00, All abilities, Victoria Park Tennis Courts.
- 18:30 - 20:30, Team Training(Invitation), Roger Bettles Sports Centre, Manor Road.
- 14:00 - 16:00 All abilities/Development squad, Roger Bettles Sports Centre, Manor Road.
- 18:00 - 20:00 Upper Intermediate/Performance, Roger Bettles Sports Centre, Manor Road.
- 14:00 - 16:00 All abilities, Victoria Park Tennis Courts.
- 09:00 - 11:00 Public Member Match Play, Roger Bettles Sports Centre, Manor Road.
BUCS fixtures are on Wednesdays
Winter league matches are played on weekends
Summer league matches are played on weekday evenings
Find us on Facebook
Find us on Twitter