Sign up to our Mailing List to find out more information about our group!
Whether you’re an advanced player wanting to compete at university level, someone who plays for leisure or someone who has never even held a racquet, you’ll be warmly welcomed at The University of Leicester Tennis Club.
Our LTA-certified coaches will help you get fit and improve your skills, working on your technique and building your overall performance level.
For those who want to, there are exciting ways to get involved competitively. We have three BUCS teams competing at univerisity level, as well as summer and winter league teams competing against local clubs. We also organise regular internal tournaments to practice your matchplay skills as well as to have fun.
The club has a great atmosphere both on and off court. As well as training sessions, we have weekly socials, and trips to professional tournaments such as Wimbledon.
Club Captain: Branden Sampson
Vice Club Captain: Rebecca Dawson
Women's Captain: Meg Riley
Men's 1st Team Captain: Louis Gibbard
Men's 2nd Team Captain: Will Horne
Treasurer: Kenny Mahoro
Welfare Officer: Emma Bowers
Registration fee: £40
- 18:00 - 20:00, All abilities, Roger Bettles Sports Centre, Manor Road.
- 20:00 - 22:00, Team Training (Captain invitation only), Carisbrooke Tennis Centre (Indoors).
- 18:30 - 20:30, Team Training(Invitation), Roger Bettles Sports Centre, Manor Road.
- 14:00 - 16:00 All abilities/Development squad, Roger Bettles Sports Centre, Manor Road.
- 18:00 - 20:00 Upper Intermediate/Performance, Roger Bettles Sports Centre, Manor Road.
- 14:00 - 16:00 All abilities, Victoria Park Tennis Courts.
- 09:00 - 11:00 Public Member Match Play, Roger Bettles Sports Centre, Manor Road.
BUCS fixtures are on Wednesdays
Winter league matches are played on weekends
Summer league matches are played on weekday evenings
Find us on instagram (@uoltennis)