Sign up to our Mailing List to find out more information about our group!
The 2018 -2019 Team Leicester Club of the Year, at Running and Athletics we aim to cater for all & any ability. Whether you want to compete at high level athletics events, local cross country or road running league, or if you just want to keep fit and have fun doing it, then the Running and Athletics is the team to join.
We have four aspects to our one club, so we have something suitable for everyone:
- Athletics - we train in all track events throughout the year competing in many competitions leading up to the BUCS indoors and outdoors athletics championships.
- Cross Country & Road - we train for middle to long distance running, competing in cross country races throughout the autumn & winter, leading up to BUCS XC. Following the XC season, we begin training for and competing at local & national road races.
- Joggers - we welcome anyone to get fit and have fun doing it, in a friendly jogging group
- Field - we offer training for jumps and welcome enquiries for throws athletes
We have two coaches to help out with the training; one for middle/long distance and one for sprints and jumps. They are both attached to a local athletics club and are highly experienced in the sport.
We compete in a wide range of competitions including: local cross country and road racing leagues, inter-university road relays and local track competitions. We also compete at a national level in BUCS athletics indoor and outdoor championships as well as BUCS cross country championships. Additionally, we host two great events as a club: a 3K Victoria Park Relays in November and an open graded athletics meet in March.
At the club we really want to build a sense of team spirit through social events. Bar crawls, bowling nights, laser tag events and other events. All offer great opportunities to get to know your fellow runners and really feel welcomed into the team. We have a social every other week roughly which are always great fun for the whole club to enjoy!
Captain: Emily Sidaway
Registration fee: £30 - Can be purchased at either campus or oadby gym (You can purchase England Athletics affiliation at the same time also for an exra £15)
(A Team Leicester (£100) or gym membership (Gold £150 - reduced from £230 last year!) is also required as with all Team Leicester clubs)
Monday: 5:30 PM @ Saffron Lane Athletics Stadium - Athletics, XC/Road session and Joggers Club - for spinters, middle distance and joggers
- 3:00 PM @ Victoria Park- XC/Road session and Joggers Club
- 4:00 PM @ Saffron Lane Athletics Stadium - Sprint session*
- 5:30 PM @ Saffron Lane Athletics Stadium - Jumps session*
* at the moment the 4pm and 5:30pm sessions at Saffron Lane are on hold until we have an idea of interest in the club
Thursday: 6:30 PM @ Danielle Brown Sports Centre- Strength & Conditioning session
Sunday: 10:00 AM meeting @ Co-op London Road - Group runs of 5 to 10k suitable for all abilities
*Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are unsure what the 2021-2022 training schedule will look like yet. Closer to the new term beginning, we will update this page & publish our training schedule on all our social media platforms (July 2021)
We understand the pandemic has brought a bit of unease to things, but we really look forward to getting back training in the new academic year and hopefully welcome many new runners. It's great for your physical and mental health to get out where you feel comfortable.
Find us on Facebook
Visit our website