Course Reps are student volunteers who champion the student voice on their course. They are the first point of contact for their cohort (usually the students on their course, in their year) to raise any feedback about their course. Course Reps then take this feedback to staff members and work to improve the course for current and future students.
Contacting your Course Rep
You should speak to your course rep when you have feedback on your course, whether it’s positive or negative.
What do Course Reps help with?
- Course content and structure
- Learning resources, including lecture recordings
- Assessment and feedback
- Teaching methods and best practice
- Library feedback, including book availability
- Study space and computer access on campus
- Feedback on careers sessions
- IT issues
2021-22 Wrap Up
In 2021-22, Course Reps also supported the Education Officer and the University Executive Board to make the following changes:
- 24/7 Library Opening
- Revised assessment guidance for Schools, including the return to in person teaching
- Running more community events across the year
- Improve access to study rooms and on campus computers, including loanable laptops
- Review of placement support for international students
Find Your Reps
If you have any questions or want more information about the course rep system, email: email@example.com
Become a Rep