Scrutiny Committee Representatives are seen as crucial to the operation of the Union and the role is designed to allow you to continue with your studies whilst carrying out your role. You will work as a team of 6 to:-
- Oversee the operation of the democratic structures ensuring that they are as open and accessible to students as possible.
- Responsible for all Union elections/referendums
- Interpreting the Union Bye Laws.
- Co-ordinate the investigation into complaints/disciplinary matters with regard to elected officers
- Working with the Executive and Part Time Officers to ensure that they are
- Fulfilling their manifesto pledges
- Achieving policy of the students’ union that has been assigned to them
- Attendance at appropriate meetings and that their time is being well spent in these.
- Identifying areas where they are going above and beyond their role
- Encourage them to consider different perspectives.
How do I become a Scrutiny Committee Representative?
We are holding elections to fill the 6 Scrutiny Committee positions. You can nominate and vote on this page here.
Full training will be provided and you will develop a wide range of transferable skills. If you have any queries or want to chat more about the roles, email firstname.lastname@example.org