Priority 1 - Reintroduction of safety net
• PVC Education is already committing to uncapped resits and am lobbying him for a reintroduction of sorts given the challenges of the new environment.
Priority 2 - Ignite Accessibility
• More student voice input through forums, Q&As and response units.
• Tracking of Personal Tutor engagement.
• Expanding Laptop Loan scheme in the library.
• Sit on ignite oversight group which meets fortnightly and overlooks all strands that implement ignite, can feed in to change here
• Pushing for more accessible and clear comms around ignite
•I have worked with the university and have had my full input on how your assessments will be run this academic year. I am very pleased with how this has turned out.
•I have worked with the university to update the Mitigating Circumstances policy and add things like bereavement of a close person, sexual violence, racial trauma and more to the no evidence list. We have also added Self-Certification which will allow students extra time on assessments without needing evidence or using the mitigating circumstances portal.
•Academic Reps will now be receiving merchandise and gifts for their roles!
•I have been helping with new officer inductions and trainings, so we are all ready for this year!
•I have been working on the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) with Rhiannon. The Office For Students asks for a submission analysing student trends and feelings regarding their education.
•Preparing for Freshers!