Priority 1 - Reintroduction of safety net
• PVC Education is already committing to uncapped resits and am lobbying him for a reintroduction of sorts given the challenges of the new environment.
Priority 2 - Ignite Accessibility
• More student voice input through forums, Q&As and response units.
• Tracking of Personal Tutor engagement.
• Expanding Laptop Loan scheme in the library.
• Sit on ignite oversight group which meets fortnightly and overlooks all strands that implement ignite, can feed in to change here
• Pushing for more accessible and clear comms around ignite
•Regular Meetings With Departments
. Attended regular meetings within the Union and outside. Education Committee and Learning Environment and Teaching Spaces Committee.
•Support with Decolonisation and Curriculum Consultant Recruitment
. Helped with the recruitment of Curriculum Consultants who will help build a curriculum that is relevant and empowers students to be active citizens of change both during and after their time at the University of Leicester.
•Mitigating Circumstances and Self-Certification Process
. Lots of new Mitigating Circumstances have been added as well as being able to self-certify for more mitigating circumstances.
. Addressed assessment issues with relevant schools and ensured that there was consistency between schools. Also took your feedback on online assessments forward.
•Attended Various Conferences
. Attended various conferences and forums held by WonkHE and the Office for Students to discuss best practice.
•Education Toolkit and Education Explained
. Education Toolkit launched as a one stop shop for all FAQs about the SU, The Library, and Your Course. Education Explained breaks down course policies into bitesize chunks.
•Academic Rep Recruitment
. Incentives are now available to all Academic Reps. 2 successful rep forums have now been held where all of your course feedback was discussed.
•Teaching Excellence Framework
Closed with over 900 respondents and constituted towards our main report submission to the Office for Students!