Physical Health


Being under the weather can have a significant impact on your studies and your overall experience of university. It’s important to know how to stay healthy and where to turn if you do become ill so that you can get the most out of university life. See the resources below for advice and tips on staying fit and healthy.


Campus Support
AccessAbility Service

Offering support to students with specific learning difficulties, mental health or mobility difficulties, deafness or visual impairment. 
This includes study support services, specialised study equipment, alternative exam arrangements, and more.
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Phone: 0116 252 5002
Location: Library Ground Floor

Sports and Active Life

Provides sports services and facilities to help improve physical, social and mental health.

Further information available here:

Community Support
Doctor's Surgeries (GP Services)

A General Practitioner (GP) is your doctor and is the main point of contact for general healthcare. They assess, diagnose, treat and manage illness. Find out more about how to sign up to a GP and how to find your nearest one here.

More information about registering, and key information for international students can be found here.
As well as physical health, mental health has a significant impact on your overall wellbeing whilst studying and can be discussed with your GP and they can help in a number of ways, finding the right treatment for you. 
Click here to access tips and advice to help you discuss your mental health with your GP.

The University of Leicester would recommend the Victoria Park Medical Centre as it provides doctors services to students and staff (see details below). 

Victoria Park Medical Centre

This is the closest doctor’s surgery to campus. Therefore, if you are unable to contact your GP, you should try and arrange an appointment here.

Phone: 0116 215 1105
Location: 203 Victoria Park Road, Leicester, LE2 1XD

Out of Hours Doctors Services

This is the service you receive when you contact a doctor when your GP practice is closed. 

If you need to see a doctor urgently outside opening hours, you should contact your local GP practice in the first instance. If the practice is closed, you will be asked to call NHS 111. If you need to be seen, you will be given an appointment at a base of your choice. If you have not registered with a GP you can still contact NHS 111 for an appointment. Find out more here

University of Leicester Students' Union
Percy Gee Building
University of Leicester
University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH
Write to Us: Email

Powered by MSL

The University of Leicester Students' Union is a registered charity no. 1137811 and a company limited by guarantee registered in England no. 7303101