We are Leicester Marrow, student partners of Anthony Nolan - the UK's blood cancer charity and bone marrow register - and part of a network across 40 UK Universities (and 7 abroad).
We're a committed bunch of volunteers, campaigners and organisers with the aim of raising awareness, funds and most importantly recruiting new donors to the bone marrow register. For a variety of reasons, young people like us make the best donors - with a real chance of saving a life.
Our student groups recruit 10,000 people a year - that's a quater of all people who choose to donate. We raise money too (it costs to add people to the register), tons of it - £145,000 in 2012 alone.
- Help save lives!
- Meet other students with similar interests
- Develop your skills (and buff up that CV)
- We're social :)
What can you do?
- Lots! We're a big society and we're flexible
- Fundraising/event organising
- Donor recruitment
- Anything else you can think of
How do I get involved?
- 'Like' our Facebook page 'Leicester Marrow' and follow us on twitter @leicestermarro1
- Join the society
- Come to our training events and see
- Join the register
- Contact us at leicester @ukmarrow.org.uk
We look forward to meeting you :)
The Leicester Marrow Team