Starting a New Student Group has never been easier! It's a great way to make the most of your time at the University of Leicester and find a group of likeminded individuals that share your interests and hobbies.
But what's the process? To get started, you need to fill in the New Student Group application form here where you will be asked the following:
- The name of your group
- Brief description of your group
- Student Group Category
- Aims of your group
- Your planned activities
- Your committee members
At the University of Leicester Students' Union we operate on a rolling intake with applications approved at the Student Group Exec meeting every 2nd Thursday of the month. If you have any questions make sure to get in touch with the Union Activities team at email@example.com.
* New Student Group Applications will Re-Open on 1 September 2020*
What criteria does my New Student Group need to meet?
There are a number of different ways to help your Student Group will get approved but make sure to consider the following when coming up with your ideas:
- Unique: Make sure that your Student Group stands out from others that exist here. Groups that are too similar to others will not be approved.
- Community: Think about whether your Student Group idea will create a sense of community within its members, what can you do to ensure that it will work as a group
- Workload: Running a Student Group is a fantastic way to build your CV but it can take up a lot of time. Make sure that you can balance it alongside your other commitments and that you have at least 2 other people that are happy to dedicate their time to be on committee.