One of our key goals as a Union is to always be listening and acting on your ideas to improve your University experience. Any student can submit your ideas via our easy-peasy Ideas System, as well as rate and comment on existing ideas from other students.
We want to know:
- Any way we could improve your University or Union experience, no matter how big or small.
- Any events or campaigns you believe the Union should champion (e.g. reducing University costs, Black History Month, Zero Tolerance).
- Policies or stances you believe the Union should take on wider issues (e.g. Higher Education Funding, Prevent)
What happens once I've submitted my idea?
The relevant Officer, alongside, the Student Voice team, will get in contact with you and discuss next steps. As long as it does not contravene our code of conduct, one of the following options will be available:
- If the idea is something simple and straight-forward (e.g. providing sanitary products in Union restrooms) we will implement the change as soon as possible, and inform you of the outcome.
- If it is a non-controversial campaign, event or activity, the idea will go to Student Council or the relevant network (e.g., LGBT+ Network), to be implemented. There may also be an easier way to work on your idea if an Officer is already campaigning for the change or the University should be doing it already! Nonetheless, if you want to be involved, work on the project, you are more than welcome to attend and take part.
- If the idea is resource-intensive or controversial, or requires a change to Union Policy, it will be referred to Student Council, who will democratically discuss and vote on the idea. If the majority of members agree that it is a good idea, it will go to the appropriate network to be implemented. If your idea goes to Council, we will inform you and support you through each step of the process.